Sherpa 2.1.1 is installed on titan. For information about Sherpa, see http://www.sherpa-mc.de/.
Run instructions below are for the worker nodes (with SLC6 OS).
Define environment variables to point to the Sherpa and Root installation directories for convenience
- export SHERPAROOT=/home/willocq/bin/sherpa/SHERPA-MC-2.1.1
- export ROOTSYS=/home/willocq/root/root_v5.34.21/root
Add the location of the Sherpa and Root binaries to your PATH environment variable
- export PATH=$SHERPAROOT/bin:$ROOTSYS/bin:$PATH
Make sure that the Sherpa, Root and hepmc libraries can be found by adding them to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SHERPAROOT/lib/SHERPA-MC:/home/willocq/root/root_v5.34.21/root/lib:/home/willocq/bin/hepmc/x86_64-slc6-gcc45-opt/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
For a quicker setup of all the required environment variables do as follows:
- source /home/willocq/bin/sherpa/setup_sherpa.sh
Copy a set of run cards to your own directory. For example use the dijet process by copying the following cards: $SHERPAROOT/Examples/Jets_at_HadronColliders/LHC_Jets_MEPS/Run.dat. This particular process takes several days to compute matrix elements though! So it may be better to try a different example like the one in $SHERPAROOT/Examples/Models/SM_ZPrime/, (the latter requires executing Sherpa then ./makelibs before running again with Sherpa)
To run, type
T0 specify the type of output, see https://sherpa.hepforge.org/doc/SHERPA-MC-2.1.1.html#Event-output-formats. Unfortunately, the software to produce Delphes output from Sherpa is incompatible with the latest Delphes releases (3.X.Y).