Information about the Northeast Tier 3 center is available at https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/Main/UMassNET3.
To request a new account do as follows:
- Ask your supervisor to be invited to join the Slack workspace, see http://northeasttier3.slack.com/.
- You will receive an email from Slack asking you to “Join Now”, click on that link to create a Slack account.
- Generate a public SSH key following https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-on-the-Server-Generating-Your-SSH-Public-Key.
- Post your public SSH key on the accounts channel in Slack and request an account, see this example. You should suggest a username (see login in the picture) and also request the zsh Unix shell (not shown in the picture).
- Once your SSH key is installed on NET3 you can log in with ssh -Y email@example.com
- For ease of use of NET3, you may want to install the x2goclient which allows you to create a remote desktop, see https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php.
Once you are able to login to NET3, you need to set up your account to work on ATLAS. Follow these steps:
- Copy a basic zsh setup file to have access to ATLAS software:
cp ~willocq/example.zshrc ~/.zshrc
- If you want to run vanilla ROOT, type:
- To run root, type: