Feelin’ the UMass LOVE!

I think I speak for all of us here at SAA when I say we are still feeling the love from last Wednesday’s event.

I Love UMass day was a huge success! With so many clubs and organizations present in the campus center, the atmosphere was incredible. The energy was high, the crowds of students were bustling, and the SAA members’ enthusiasm was contagious. For the majority of Valentine’s Day in the Campus Center, students took turns writing postcards thanking alumni, playing plinko to earn prizes, spinning a prize wheel with the Residence Hall Association, and taking pictures in our photo booth to show their love for UMass. A few lucky students even walked away with some amazing raffle prizes. UMass student, Kyle Kendall, won an amazing UMass themed gift basket containing a cooler, jacket, pom pom hat, Nalgene bottle, socks, a flag and a cowbell. Two more winners, Sara Hickey and Valentina Khomenko, were selected to win $25 gift cards to the campus store in our social media raffle. In my opinion though, every single person that participated in or planned I Love UMass Day is a winner because together, we helped write 500 postcards to alumni thanking them for their contributions to our beautiful UMass. If that is not something to be proud of, I don’t know what is!

I Love UMass Day is the best day of the year. We get to thank the people who make our university so great AND get UMass themed prizes. We already can’t wait for next year!

– Jess Morrison, Philanthropy Chair, ’19 

With love in our hearts and postcards in the mail, we move forward into the semester, more ready than ever to spread our UMass pride. Luckily for us, a group of SAA members get to do just that this weekend as they head off to the CASE ASAP conference at Bryant University in Rhode Island. Our group will have the chance to share experiences and learn from other schools through a variety of presentations geared toward student advancement. We wish them safe travels as they head out today and can’t wait to hear all about the conference when they return. To keep up with our members at the conference in real time, check out our social media pages as many stories, posts, and pictures will be shared there over the weekend!

Jamie Downer, 19’