About Me/CV

Hiking in the Wind River Mountains, WY

I am currently a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I did my PhD at Yale University where I focused on using carbonate clumped isotopes to estimate temperatures during the Cretaceous Greenhouse climate. During my masters work at the University of Wyoming I used hydrogen isotopes of hydrated volcanic glass to estimate the elevation history of the Puna Plateau (Central Andes).

In general, my research focuses on using stable isotopes to better understand changes in temperature, hydrology, paleoelevation and vegetation on ancient landscapes. I’m especially interested in moisture and heat transport during unique periods in Earth’s past. At UMass Amherst I am working with Stephen J. Burns and Isla S. Castañeda on understanding the paleoclimate of Madagascar and the evolution of the Indian Ocean Monsoon during the Pleistocene and Holocene using speleothem geochemistry. We also work closely with anthropologists who are studying whether megafauna extinctions in Madagascar are driven by climate or human activity.

Check out my CV below:

12_13_19_CV_RRDawson

Or

Please see my Google Scholar Page of details about my Publications

Robin R. Dawson (nee Canavan)

my ResearchGate page

Robin R. Dawson

or my ORCID record

https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2857-7728