Playposit is a interactive web-based video platform that allows educators to provide formative assessment both inside and outside the classroom. Teachers are able to embed quiz-type questions into videos on Youtube, Vimeo, Khan Academy and other popular video platforms. Data can then be analyzed on the individual or group level, provided powerful insight into educational trends in the classroom.
|Type of learning||Instructivism|
|Ease of Use||★★★★✩|
|ISTE Standards for Students||Empowered Learner|
Playposit & the SAMR Model
- Substitution: Students use Playposit to submit their answers online rather than on paper.
- Augmentation: Students take note on additional visual cues in order to provide a more comprehensive assessment for technical execution.
- Modification: Student upload their own videos for annotation by the educator.
- Redefinition: Students create their own Playposit videos and quizzes to quiz each other on important information found in their own videos.
Playposit Tutorial Using Playposit
Math: Create compelling narrative stories outlining math problems and embed them into the story as the students go along.
Science: Have students create music videos and identify certain elements with annotations.
English/Language Arts: Instead of book reviews, have students act out their favorite moments of the book and guess the next quoted lines.
- Play Posit Tutorial Playlist
- Play Posit Help Menu
- Get the Chrome App
- Get the iPad App
- Creating Interactive Video Lessons
How to Use Playposit
- Go to www.playposit.com
- Sign Up and register for an account through your preferred use account portal
- Create a new class/section
- Fill out profile
- Select New Bulb
- Past URL and add questions