Ph.D. Information Systems, 2011. Summa cum Laude
Title of thesis: Developing a holistic approach to learning and teaching introductory object-oriented programming
Degree jointly awarded by University of Saint Joseph (USJ), Macau and Catholic University of Portugal (UCP), Porto, Portugal.
Post-Doctorate, June 2011-July 2012
Uppsala Computing Education Research Group (UpCERG)
Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden.
Master of Science in Information Technology, 2001. Magna cum Laude
Title of dissertation: Web-based application for aircrew
Degree jointly awarded by Instituto Inter-Universitário de Macau, Macau and Catholic University of Portugal (UCP), Porto, Portugal.
- Associate Chair for Teaching Development, CICS : June 2021-
- Director Early Research Scholar Program, CICS: January 2021-
- Teaching Faculty: College of Information and Computer Sciences, UMASS, Amherst. Sept. 2016 –
- Faculty: Assistant Professor, University of Saint Joseph, Macau. 2006-2016.
- Visiting Professor and Researcher: Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden. Jan. 2015- Dec. 2015.
- Visiting Professor: Inter-Disciplinary Programme (IDP) Educational Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai, India. July 2014.
- Researcher: Uppsala Computing Education Research Group, Uppsala University, Sweden. 2011-2012.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant: Instituto Inter-Universitário de Macau, Macau. 2002-2006.
AWARDS, FELLOWSHIPS, GRANTS, AND RECOGNITION
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Professional Development Award. UMass Amherst. 2022
- Public Interest Technology Fellow. UMass Amherst. 2022-2023
- CICS Dean’s Appreciation Award for Anti-Racism Leadership. UMass Amherst. 2020-2021
- Senior Lecturer Improvement Fellowship: UMass Amherst. Fall 2020.
- UMass University Distinguished Teaching Award: Nominated for 2019-2020.
- Teaching for Inclusiveness, Diversity & Equity (TIDE). Institute for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Development (TEFD) Fellowship. UMass Amherst . 2019-2020.
- Student-Centered Teaching & Learning (SCTL). Institute for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Development (TEFD). UMass Amherst. 2018-2019.
- Campus Climate Ambassador.UMass Amherst. 2019.
- Innovation Fellow. Instructional Innovation Fellowship think tank for instructional innovation, UMass Amherst. 2017-2018.
- MSP Research Support Funding. UMass Amherst. For computing education research. 2017-2019
- Master Thesis Writing Course. Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden. Award: 34,100 SEK. February, 2014
- Master Thesis Writing Course. 1,600 SEK. April-May 2012.
- Erasmus Staff Mobility Scholarship. European Commission: Teaching doctoral students at Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Vilnius University, Lithuania March, 2012.