The Interdisciplinary Graduate Program (IDGP) in Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees through the following tracks:
To apply, please go the Graduate School Admissions Page.
M.S. (including 4+1 M.S.): October 1 and January 1 for admission to the Spring and Summer/Fall semesters, respectively.
Ph.D.: January 1 for Fall admissions (No Spring admissions)
General information about the application process and submission of application materials is available from the UMass Amherst Graduate School. The MSE IDGP requires the following materials from all applicants:
- All official transcripts (undergraduate degree and above)
- A personal statement
- At least three letters of recommendation for non-thesis/thesis M.S. and Ph.D. students; 4+1 students, please see the Graduate Student Handbook
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- English Language Proficiency Requirement test scores for international students who do not meet the waiver conditions of UMass Amherst Graduate School
- For thesis M.S. and Ph.D. students: Declaration of identified or interested faculty advisor(s)