Find a good web site about complex analysis? Let me know and I’ll add it to the list here.
- “Dimensions”, by Jos Leys, Étienne Ghys, and Aurélien Alvarez. Videos. Chapter 5 (Complex numbers) and chapter 6 (Complex numbers, continuation: transformations). Watch on-line or download (big files).
- John Sullivan’s Stereographic projection Java applet.
- Terence Tao’s “complex analysis for applications” course page. Has links to Tao’s lecture notes and his complex analysis applets.
- You can do some complex analysis calculations directly in WolframAlpha.
You can often use a mixture of “natural language” and mathematical symbolism (even though the responses are created by Mathematica). For example, try the following:
principal cube root of -1
1 slice pepperoni pizza
what is the meaning of life?
- Demonstrations about complex analysis, from the Wolfram Demonstrations Project
- “Stereographic Projection“—You Tube video by Arlo Caine
- “Moebius Transformations Revealed“—You Tube video by Douglas Arnold and Jonathan Rogness
- Reed College conformal map applets
- Jonathan Foote’s Interactive Conformal Mapping Demo
- Jim Rolf’s Complex Tool and Complex Analysis applets
- Douglas Arnold’s Graphics for Complex Analysis
- Wolfram MathWorld—a comprehensive resource about mathematics
- Wolfram Functions Site—articles containing definitions, facts, visualizations, etc., about functions of all kinds, including complex functions; many articles include links to downloadable Wolfram Demonstrations notebooks and ordinary Mathematica notebooks
- Wikipedia—has on-line encylopedia-like articles about many aspects of complex analysis