See the Exams page to get Exam 1 solutions.
See the Homework page for the Homework 6 assignment.
Homework 5 solutions are provided in the form of two files:
- 421f05hw5ans.pdf—solutions to #1–9
- StereographicProjection (HW 5#10).pdf
These solutions are available, as usual, on the Math 421 UDrive, whose log-in information was e-mailed to you earlier.
Exam 1 will be held during class
Friday 29 October
This will be a “closed-book” exam: you may not use a calculator or computer (so you may not use Mathematica), and you may not consult any reference materials (books, notes, or other paper ).
- Chapter 1—except section 1.1
- Chapter 2— except subsection 2.4.1 (The Riemann surface…)
- Section 10.2—except Theorem 10.3 and examples using it, and except subsection 10.2.1
- Chapter 3—sections 3.1–3.2 only
Homework: Sets 1–5
Solutions to Homework 4 are available for download from the Math 421 U-drive folder.
For this set the solutions are in two non-overlapping files:
- For #1–3: 421f10hw4Ans1to3.pdf — an evaluated pdf version of the notebook 421f10hw4Ans1to3.nb;
- For #4–7: 421f10hw4ans4to7.pdf — a pdf file
Homework 5 is now posted on the Homework page. It is due in class Friday 22 October.
Homework 4 is now posted on the Homework page. It is due in class Wednesday 13 October.
Solutions to Homeworks 2 and 3 are now available from the Math 421 UDrive. Use the access link that was mailed to you from there.
These solutions to each are available in two forms (where X is 2 or 3):
- 421f10hwXAns.nb — all solutions in a Mathematica notebook you can evaluate.
- 421f10hwXAnsEvaluated.pdf — a pdf version obtained after evaluating the notebook.
Homework 3 is available from the Homework page. It is due at the start of class on Monday 4 October.