Most homework problems will be done on paper and/or in Mathematica and handed in for grading. Some will be done, in part, in the free WeBWorK on-line system.
See the Homework section of the About page for detailed information about homework due dates, format requirements, etc.
Since Homework 1, solutions to homework sets are posted on the Math 421 U-drive. You should have received an e-mail giving you a link to that course U-drive.
- Homework 1—due Monday 20 September at start of class, except that #1 consists of the work from WeBWorK set 421HW1, which is due Sunday 19 September 5:00 p.m. Note: WeBWorK Problem 5 does not recognize the “sqrt” function notation. It seems to require that you enter your answers using (…)^(1/2) notation for square-roots of (positive) real numbers. Or, instead, you can use decimals rather than exact expressions involving square-roots at all.
- Homework 2—due Friday 24 September at start of class, except that #1 consists of the two WeBWorK problems from set 421HW2, which is due Thursday 23 September 5:00 p.m. Note: The WeBWorK questions on this assignment all do seem to recognize exact expressions involving sqrt, sin, cos, e^(…), etc.
- Homework 3—due Monday 4 October at start of class.
- Homework 4 —due Wednesday 13 October at start of class.
- Homework 5—due Friday 22 October at start of class.
- Homework 6—due Monday 8 November at start of class.
- Homework 7—due Wednesday 17 November at start of class.
- Homework8—due Monday 22 November at start of class.
- Homework 9—due Friday 10 December at start of class. See this list of common errors made on HW9.