Cultivating Healthy Aging and Muscle Performance (CHAMP) (Volunteers Needed)
This study is investigating the effects of different resistance training exercise programs on skeletal muscle function in older men and women. At this point, it is not clear what type of resistance training is best to improve the muscle function of older men and women, and this information could help us develop better resistance training programs for older adults.
Do I qualify?
To qualify you must:
- be 65-75 years old
- Healthy, non-smoker
- Not exercising heavily
- willing to undergo tests for your body composition and muscle function
How much time is required?
- 7 testing visits for a total of 12 hours and,
- 3 day-a-week exercise program for 16 weeks (~45 minutes per visit)
For your participation, you will receive:
- Supervised, one-on-one exercise training
- Muscle composition and strength information
- $500 compensation upon completion
For more information about the CHAMP study contact:
Project Coordinator: Matt Limoges