This year’s Annual Meetings on Phonology (AMP) will be zoomed from Toronto, October 1–3. The Annual Meetings on Phonology began as Phonology 2013 here at UMass.
Current students and faculty will present talks and posters:
- Maggie Baird Investigating the Phonological Representations of Canadian Raising: Experimental Evidence from Gating and Cross-Splicing Studies
- Joe Pater & Brandon Prickett Typological gaps in iambic nonfinality correlate with learning difficulty
- Andrew Lamont Unbounded tonal attraction in Harmonic Serialism
Our alumni will be presenting as well:
- Shigeto Kawahara (PhD 2007), Canaan Breiss & Hironori Katsuda Token frequency in the grammar: A wug-test of Voiced Velar Nasalization in Japanese
- Gakuji Kumagai & Shigeto Kawahara (PhD 2007) Does Lyman’s Law count?
- Peter Guekguezian & Karen Jesney (PhD 2011) Rich URs Predict Convergence between Phonological and Morphological Alternations
- Jonah Katz (BA 2004) Geminates, clusters, and lenition in Campidanese Sardinian sandhi
- Aleksei Nazarov (PhD 2016) Learning phonetically and phonologically natural classes through constraint indexation
- Kathryn Pruitt (PhD 2012) Recursive prosodic structure in Nez Perce double reduplication