This year’s Annual Meetings on Phonology (AMP) will be zoomed from UCSC, Sep 18–20. The Annual Meetings on Phonology began as Phonology 2013 here at UMass.
Anne-Michelle Tessier (PhD 2007) will deliver a keynote talk: “Learning French liaison with Gradient Symbolic Representations: Child errors, adult wug-tests, predictions and consequences”. This is joint work with Karen Jesney (PhD 2011).
Emily Elfner (PhD 2012) will facilitate a workshop on intonational fieldwork with Anja Arnhold.
Students, faculty, and alumni will present talks and posters:
- Michael Becker will present “The incoherent stress system of Kuikuro” with Bruna Franchetto & Andrija Petrovic
- Bethany Dickerson will present “Investigating phonotactic illusions with an auditory lexical decision task”
- Brandon Prickett & Gaja Jarosz will present “Modeling the acquisition of phonological interactions: Biases and generalization”
- Elliott Moreton (PhD 2002), Brandon Prickett, Joe Pater & Lisa Sanders will present “Learning reduplication, but not syllable reversal” with Katya Pertsova and Josh Fennell
- Andrew Lamont will present “Sidestepping the problems of alignment in iterative footing”