Our new blog newsletter UMLAUT is the successor to WHISC. To contribute, create a post to the blog that is tagged as “newsletter”. These are all sent out every Sunday as an e-mail newsletter.
Creating a post is simple:
- Log in to blogs.umass.edu, using your regular username and password (same as umail)
- Find “UMass Linguistics” under My Sites, and choose +New > Post.
- Choose “Newsletter” as the category (to the right of the text box), and then any of the area categories that are applicable (e.g. Syntax, Semantics…)
- If you wish to have comments, click the box underneath the text box.
- If you wish to add a photo, choose “Add media”. After a photo is inserted, clicking on it will give you an edit button (a pencil icon) that will allow you to add a caption, resize, align, etc.
- If you wish to add a link, highlight text and click the link button.
- Click “Publish” when you are ready to publish, or “Save as draft” if you aren’t ready to publish and want to come back to it later.
- After publishing it, you should be able to see your post under the “Newsletter” menu on the blog (if you don’t, it’s likely that either you need to reload the page, or you forgot to choose newsletter as a category, which you can go back and do after publishing. If neither of these fixes work, please let me know).
If you don’t see “UMass Linguistics” in Step 2 you need to be added as a user; contact Joe Pater.