Introduction to Materials Science (MIE 201)
Dr. Jae-Hwang Lee
Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
313 ELAB I Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rationalize the design of materials structure and its impact on observed properties.
- Identify various structures in all classes of inorganic materials.
- Define crystal structures and identify phases using characterization methodologies.
- Describe the role of defects on materials properties at the atomic and microstructure scales.
- Explain the basic concepts of diffusion.
- Understand phase transformations in materials through phase diagrams and microstructures.
- Describe various forms of materials processing.
- Understand and explain the fundamentals behind mechanical, thermal, electrical, optical, magnetic, and chemical properties