This month’s featured researcher is Yahya Modarres-Sadeghi. Yahya is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering in the College of Engineering. He is the Graduate Program Director for Mechanical Engineering. His lab studies fluid structure interactions. He has studied the fluid movements of fish and crayfish through water. In his paper, which appeared in PubMed in February, he proposes a model that provides patient-specific details for cerebral aneurysms. Yahya is a co-PI on the recently submit NSF NRT graduate training grant on Biological Neurotechnology
Here’s what else is new for ‘ ”University of Massachusetts” AND Amherst AND neuroscience’ in PubMed. These publications appeared on line in February. They are just a fraction of the research that occurs on campus. You can click on the PubMed ID to find the publication.
- Goodwin NL, Lopez SA, Lee NS, Beery AK. Comparative role of reward in long-term peer and mate relationships in voles. Horm Behav. 2019;111:70–77. doi:10.1016/j.yhbeh.2018.10.012
- Macedo-Lima M, Remage-Healey L. Auditory learning in an operant task with social reinforcement is dependent on neuroestrogen synthesis in the male songbird auditory cortex. Horm Behav. 2020 Feb 11:104713. doi: 10.1016/j.yhbeh.2020.104713. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32057821.
- Liu RT, Walsh RFL, Sheehan AE, Cheek SM, Carter SM. Suicidal Ideation and Behavior Among Sexual Minority and Heterosexual Youth: 1995-2017. Pediatrics. 2020 Feb 10. pii: e20192221. doi: 10.1542/peds.2019-2221. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32041813.
- Meyerspeer M, Boesch C, Cameron D, Dezortová M, Forbes SC, Heerschap A, Jeneson JAL, Kan HE, Kent J, Layec G, Prompers JJ, Reyngoudt H, Sleigh A, Valkovič L, Kemp GJ; Experts’ Working Group on 31P MR Spectroscopy of Skeletal Muscle. (31) P magnetic resonance spectroscopy in skeletal muscle: Experts’ consensus recommendations. NMR Biomed. 2020 Feb 10:e4246. doi: 10.1002/nbm.4246. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32037688.
- Han S, Schirmer CM, Modarres-Sadeghi Y. A reduced-order model of a patient-specific cerebral aneurysm for rapid evaluation and treatment planning. J Biomech. 2020 Jan 24:109653. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2020.109653. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32037019.
- Katz PS, Quinlan PD. The importance of identified neurons in gastropod molluscs to neuroscience. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2019 Jun;56:1-7. doi: 10.1016/j.conb.2018.10.009. Epub 2018 Nov 1. Review. PubMed PMID: 30390485.
- Vahaba DM, Hecsh A, Remage-Healey L. Neuroestrogen synthesis modifies neural
representations of learned song without altering vocal imitation in developing
songbirds. Sci Rep. 2020 Feb 27;10(1):3602. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-60329-3.
PubMed PMID: 32108169.
- Arinze I, Moorman DE. Selective impact of lateral orbitofrontal cortex inactivation on reinstatement of alcohol seeking in male Long-Evans rats. Neuropharmacology. 2020 Feb 12;168:108007. doi: 0.1016/j.neuropharm.2020.108007.[Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32092436.
- Estrella ML, Durazo-Arvizu RA, Mattei J, Mossavar-Rahmani Y, Perreira KM,
Siega-Riz AM, Sotres-Alvarez D, González HM, Gallo LC, Daviglus ML, Lamar M.
Alternate Healthy Eating Index is Positively Associated with Cognitive Function
Among Middle-Aged and Older Hispanics/Latinos in the HCHS/SOL. J Nutr. 2020 Feb
24. pii: nxaa023. doi: 10.1093/jn/nxaa023. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: