Nominations for the 2021-2022 term are now open until March 5th!
Nominate yourself, another UMass graduate student, or a team of UMass graduate students enthusiastic about advancing women in STEM and leading a great organization HERE.
2021-2022 GWIS executive board election timeline:
- Nominations: February – March 5th
- Elections (voting online): March 8th – March 22nd
- Shadow period for elected leaders to shadow current leaders: April to May
- Term for elected leaders: May 2021- May 2022
Six committee chairs:
- Advocacy committee chair(s)
- Communications committee chair(s)
- Diversity and Inclusion committee chair(s)
- Finance committee chair(s)
- Mentoring committee chair(s)
- Outreach committee chair(s)
Check out our leadership page on the GWIS blog for more details on duties and expected time commitment!If nominated, you will be notified by email and asked to accept by submitting a short platform for members to reference when voting. Voting will take place online. For more information on the election procedures of our organization, please see our constitution.
Who is eligible to run? Any current UMass graduate student that is a member of GWIS. GWIS membership is defined by those who have joined our listserv via this page.
Committee chair positions may be nominated and run individually or as a team of two people.
Would you like to get involved in organizing events as a committee member? Your help would be very welcome! Anyone can get involved anytime!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org