Up-to-Date is a database of evidence-based medical treatment guidelines, calculators, drug interactions and patient information sheets. You can browse by topic or search by keyword. Articles and information sheets are written by doctors.
If you’d like assistance using this source, Ask Us!
The Libraries has cancelled its STAT!Ref collection of nursing e-books as of July 9th, 2013. Use of these resources did not justify their cost.
Nursing Resource Center is now available to the UMass community and Massachusetts residents courtesy of the Massachusetts Library System. The database is a compilation of articles from encyclopedias, handbooks and journals. You can search by subject, publication, author, date and nursing codes.
For assistance with this resource, contact Jim Craig, Health Sciences liaison librarian, at 413-545-6690.
Nursing Education in Video provides over 260 streaming videos for training nurses and healthcare workers. You can browse or search for subjects, series or clips. The trial goes through November 8th, 2011. Contact James Craig, Nursing liaison librarian at 413-545-6690 with questions or comments.
The Libraries have a new subscription to the Ovid Nursing Full-Text Plus Collection which provides site license access to 43 e-journals. You may retrieve these journals through the UMass Amherst library catalog, the E-Journal List or directly at Nursing Journals at Ovid. Those marked with an asterisk ‘*’ are new titles to our collection.
- AACN Advanced Critical Care, 1996-
- Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 2006-, *
- Advances in Neonatal Care, 2001-, *
- Advances in Nursing Science (ANS), 1995-
- Advances in Skin and Wound Care: The Journal for Prevention and Healing, 2001-, *
- AJN: American Journal of Nursing, 1996-
- Cancer Nursing™: An International Journal for Cancer Care, 1996-
- CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 1996-
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), 1996-
- Critical Care Nursing Quarterly, 1999-
- Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 2001-
- Family & Community Health, 1999-, *
- Gastroenterology Nursing, 1996-, *
- Health Care Management Review, 1997-
- Holistic Nursing Practice, 1999-
- Home Healthcare Nurse, 2000-
- JONA’s Healthcare Law, Ethics, and Regulation, 2001-
- JONA: Journal of Nursing Administration, 1996-
- Journal for Nurses in Staff Development(JNSD), 1996-
- Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 1998-, *
- Journal of Christian Nursing, 2002-, *
- Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing, 2002-
- Journal of Infusion Nursing, 1996-, *
- Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 1998-
- Journal of Patient Safety, 2005-
- Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing, 1999-, *
- Journal of Trauma Nursing, 2000-, *
- Journal of WOCN (Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing), 2000-, *
- LPN, 2005-
- MCN, The American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing, 1996-
- Nurse Educator, 1996-
- Nurse Practitioner, 2001-
- Nursing Administration Quarterly, 1999-
- Nursing Critical Care: The Journal of Critical Care Excellence, 2006-, *
- Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!, 2003-, *
- Nursing Management (Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins), 2001-
- Nursing Research, 1996-
- Nursing, 2002-, *
- Nutrition Today, 2000-
- OR Nurse, 2007-, *
- Orthopaedic Nursing, 2001-, *
- Plastic Surgical Nursing, 2004-, *
- Professional Case Management, 1996-, *
In addition, we now have single user access to the following new titles:
- Chest, 1995-
- Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, 2002-
- Nursing Times, 2005-
If you have questions or would like assistance using these e-journals, contact Jim Craig, Nursing Liaison Librarian, at 545-6690.