The Libraries have purchased the 1789-1969 Serial Set and Executive Branch Documents, 1789-1932 to add to our ProQuest Congressional collection. The complete Serial Set covers 1789-2013 and includes House and Senate committee reports. Executive Branch Documents is an annotated bibliography and full text of all documents listed in the Checklist of Public Documents 1789-1909, and updated from 1910-1932 with indexing by subjects, names, agency report numbers, and SuDocs Classification.
If you have questions about ProQuest Congressional, Ask Us!
Public Documents Masterfile brings together 19 sources of U.S. government information and provides indexing for current and historic documents covering public policy, physical sciences, technology, agriculture and the social sciences. You can search by keywords or limit by source, author, SuDoc number and date.
If you’d like assistance using this resource, contact Barbara Morgan, Law Librarian, at 413-545-6850. The trial goes through May 2, 2014. Please give us your feedback. (UMass NetID login required for UMass Apps.) Annual cost is $3,995 or one-time purchase is$32,000.
Subject Compilations of State Laws, an index of articles, books, court opinions, and other publications that compare state laws, is now available online. You can browse by subject or search by keyword, title, author, cases or court. Many citations have full-text links. If you’d have questions about using this resource, ask us.
The U.S. Serial Set Digital Collection Part D (2004-2010) and Part E (2011) have been added to ProQuest Congressional. Choose “Advanced Search” to isolate your search in a discrete collection.
If you have questions about using this resource, contact the Libraries’ reference staff.
The Libraries have a trial for the Digital National Security Archive which includes collections of declassified government papers. Among the 38 current collections are:
- The Cuban Missile Crisis, 1962
- El Salvador: War, Peace, and Human Rights, 1980–1994
- Afghanistan: The Making of U.S. Policy, 1973–1990
- China and the United States: From Hostility to Engagement, 1960–
- South Africa: The Making of U.S. Policy, 1962–
- Presidential Directives on National Security, Part 1: From Truman to Clinton
- Kissinger Telephone Conversations: A Verbatim Record of U.S. Diplomacy, 1969-1977
- U.S. Military Uses of Space, 1945–1991
You can search within the documents and their bibliographies, by date and topic, and by an overall keyword search. The database provides comprehensive indexing and full-text is available via scanned documents.
This trial runs through April 6th, 2012. Contact Barbara Morgan, Law Librarian, at 413-545-6850 with questions or comments.
Public Documents Masterfile offers single point search for indexing and some full-text of U.S. government information published since 1774. You can browse by topic or search by keyword, title, author/agency or SU document number.
This trial goes through February 13th, 2012. Please send comments or questions to Barbara Morgan, Law Reference Librarian, at 413-545-6850.
The Libraries now offer the following collections through the ProQuest Congressional database:
- Congressional Hearings Digital Collection Historical Archive, Part C 2004-2010
- Congressional Record Permanent Digital Collection, Predecessors (1789 – 1997)
- US Serial Set 2 Digital Collection, Part A 1970-1979 w/ Senate Executive Documents & Reports
- US Serial Set 2 Digital Collection, Part B 1980-1989
- US Serial Set 2 Digital Collection, Part C 1990-2003
These collections significantly improve our online government sources. If you’d have questions or would like assistance, contact Barbara Morgan, Law Reference Librarian, at 413-545-6850.