Social Sciences Abstracts is a good starting place to identify scholarly literature in the fields of criminal justice, economics, education, political science, sociology, cultural studies, and gender and sexuality studies. It provides indexing and abstracts for over 625 English language journals published in the United States since 1983. The UMass Amherst Libraries subscription to Social Sciences Abstracts is on the Ebscohost platform. Full-text from the article abstracts can be obtained through the UMLinks menu.
The Libraries have activated the following reference databases under the ProQuest and Chadwyck Healey names. You may find each resources in the UMass Amherst library catalog or listed in the Libraries’ Research Databases listings:
- American Film Institute Catalog (AFI)
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts (ASSIA)
- Arts and Humanities Full Text (A&H FT)
- Criminal Justice (formerly CJPI)
- Design and Applied Arts Index (DAAI)
- FIAF (International Index to Film Periodicals) Plus
- Film Index International (FII)
- International Bibliography of Art (IBA)
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- International Index to the Performing ARts Full Text
- PILOTS: Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress
- ProQuest Social Science Journals
- Social Services Abstracts (SSA)
If you would like assistance using any of these sources, contact a reference librarian.