537 Northampton Street, Holyoke, MA 01040
http://equestriantherapy.org/ (Read the volunteer manual)
Populations served: riders of all ages with a myriad of physical and developmental disabilities
Location(s) of internship sites: 537 Northampton Street, Holyoke, MA 01040 Accessible by Public Transportation? Yes, the PVTA bus
General job description of what an intern might do:
– Riding program: assist by leading or side walking horses during classes. They groom and saddle horses before a ride, and turn them out afterward. They greet riders, parents and caregivers. Riding program volunteers should be willing to commit to the same time period each week for the session.
– Barn: maintain the horses and the barn. They clean stalls, feed and groom horses, and clean tack. Barn volunteers work directly with the barn manager to establish a consistent schedule.
– Office: assist with word processing, data entry, copying, bulk mailings and other support tasks. They can also serve as receptionists and help answer telephone calls.
– Facility/carpentry: help with general maintenance, repairs and improvements of the facility including fencing.
– Fund raising: serve on event committees and assist with production during the various fund raisers and special events that T.E.C. holds each year.
– Public relations: work to keep T.E.C. in the news by creating press releases and taking photographs.
– Special skills: anyone with professional or technical skills such as photography, grant writing, computer experience, etc. is encouraged to join us. Fill out the volunteer forms and stop in to meet with our staff and volunteers.
Your availability: M, W, Th, F from 4-7 and Tuesdays 9:30-2:30