129 King St.
Northampton, MA 01060
Populations served: Adults with intellectual disability and concurrent mental health disorders.
Location(s) of internship sites:
- Variety of residential locations in Amherst, Northampton, Easthampton, and Greenfield
- Accessible by Public Transportation? Some can be reached by bus but it’s helpful to have a car
General job description of what an intern might do:
- Development of a special project to facilitate community membership and/or development of a weekly social group around a special interest of individuals served.
- Observation of the various types of programs and populations ServiceNet serves.
- Introduction to different administrative functions of the agency (staff training, documentation, committee work, etc.)
Your availability: ServiceNet Residential provides homes throughout the area. Some have people at home during the day. Most have people at home only evenings and weekends since residents go off to work or day programs during the day. Call the contact person below to see if your availability matches when the program can accept interns. If you work in a residential program in Amherst, you can probably get there by bus and a short walk. For other homes, you’ll need a car.