360 Sewall Street
Ludlow, MA 01056 (Admin only)
Commūnicāre, LLC is a group of speech-language pathologists specializing in Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Assistive Technology (AT). Commūnicāre clinicians are dedicated to supporting the needs of individuals using AAC and AT, their families and the professionals with whom they work by providing a range of services, engaging in evidence-based practice and research, as well as providing access to resources.
Location(s) of internship sites: Schools and agencies within Western Massachusetts, specifically in Amherst, Northampton, Easthampton, Holyoke, West Springfield, Longmeadow, East Longmeadow, Westfield, and Brimfield.
Accessible by Public Transportation? Location sites vary – intern should have their own transportation.
General job description of what an intern might do:
The focus of this internship is to expose interns to the field of speech pathology with a specific focus on augmentative and alternative communication and assistive technology. Commūnicāre clinicians primarily work with school-aged individuals, but will consult with parents, teachers, and other professionals, as well as adults in the DDS system. Possible job responsibilities may include:
- Assist in direct and consultation services.
- Assist in the development of communication supports and materials.
- Assist with clinical research projects.
- Learn about software as well as high-tech and low-tech communication supports.
- Learn about evidence-based practices for individuals using AAC.
- Participate in trainings and meetings
- Review charts and other material relevant to case management.
- Participate in an AAC Summer Program (for summer interns only).
Your availability: Hours can be flexible, but should be consistent. The majority of services are provided between 8-3 Monday-Thursday. Call the contact person below for specifics.
Nerissa Hall, PhD.CCC-SLP, ATP