1. WHAT’S THE STORY?
2. WHO TELLS THE STORY AND WHY?
- VOICES/SOURCES/POV (Point-of-View): What voices/sources are privileged/unheard? Underlying ideology? Systemic bias
3. WHAT STORIES AREN’T TOLD?
- Is CONTEXT explored around issues such as crime, poverty, and income inequality? Are underlying power structures discussed? Root causes.
- POLITICS-SYSTEM CHANGE: Consideration of alternative public policy? Strategies for social change? Root solutions.
4. WHAT STORIES DO YOU WANT TO TELL?
Some of these questions adapated from Youth Media Council 2002 study of Bay Area TV news coverage.