The assignment has two parts:
- Watch Generation Like and comment.
- Write first-person POV (point-of-view) on issues facing youth and personal concerns/connections.
- View the Frontline documentary Generation Like. Write response notes (1 paragraph):
- how it resonates with your experience
- Thoughts, feelings
SELECT A SEQUENCE from Generation LIke TO SHARE IN CLASS by noting running time location, e.g. 23:30.
- Towards assessing what to study for the rest of the term, write your POV responding to these prompts:
- What are some critical issues/concerns facing young adults?
- What are some critical issues/concerns facing youth in relation to the entertainment industries?
- Draw from your personal interests and vocational/avocational aspirations to describe an issue/concern you want to explore that somehow relates to the YDEI matrix? This could be a UMass career club of which you’re a part, an off-campus job, a recent internship, an activist engagement, etc.
Written assignments are single-spaced & typed in Times New Roman or Arial (size 12 font), 1-inch margins all around. Remember to proofread. First page should have a heading (single-spaced) with name, date, assignment title.