- FDR’s Second Bill of Rights Speech Footage
This is FDR’s proposed second Bill of Rights that was filmed after he delivered his State of the Union Address via radio on January 11, 1944.
2. Joseph Stiglitz. Equal Opportunity, Our National Myth. New York Times. February 16, 2013.
3. Caroline Heldman. Chapter 7, Who Rules? Corporate Power and Models of Democracy. Protest Politics in the Marketplace, 2017; pp. 189-197, 203-206.
- Rick Wolff. EconoMinute: Democratic Economic System, Oct 21, 2016
5. Cathy J. Cohen , Joseph Kahne, Benjamin Bowyer, Ellen Middaugh, Jon Rogowski. Participatory_Politics_New_Media_and_Youth_Political_Action.2012.pdf, pp. 2-9.
- Erin Keifer,Erin. Transactional vs. transformative – the difference between slacktivism and activism. https://socialmediaandactivismblog.wordpress.com/ December 8, 2015
Response questions – written response required
- What’s the story these readings tell, the angles they use to discuss the meanings and practices of democracy? What do they say about the relationship between democracy and capitalism?
- How do the readings resonate with your lived experience?
Written assignments should be single-spaced & typed in Times New Roman or Arial (size 12 font), 1-inch margins all around. PROOFREAD! First page should have a heading (single-spaced) with name, date, and assignment title.