- Farhad Manjoo. A Plan in Case Robots Take the Jobs: Give Everyone a Paycheck. New York Times, March 2, 2016.
- Gar Alperovitz. Socialism in America is Closer Than You Think. The Nation, February 11, 2016. Retrieved from Solidarity Economy.Net
- Shaila Dewan. Who needs a boss? New York Times magazine. March 25, 2014.
- History of Cooperative Movement profiling 1844 Rochdale Cooperative
- Cabot Cheese. Cabot honors the Rochdale Cooperative Principles.
- Cabot Cheese. About Us.
- Mondragon: A Better Way to Go to Work? The Oklahoma City Catholic Worker.
8. Mondragon Weathers Financial Storm[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-b_KvyMzOs[/youtube]
Reading questions — WRITTEN RESPONSES REQUIRED
- Outline (5) forms of what Alperovitz (reading #2) envisions as an emergent, decentralized “pluralist commonwealth.”
- What are your responses to these readings? About the possibility of creating a social order guided by more democratic forms of organization? How might that happen?