Write reflection notes from class 8 experience of putting images and written text on the wall towards DI.HW crime board.
- Review ALL photos taken of the wall posted on a shared drive Google folder. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0AOxMaAKY6ZCcUk9PVA. Review the images of the postings you made of your group, and those of the other groups.
- From the photos and what you experienced, assess the experience:
- What worked? Could work better? What was enjoyable? What wasn’t?
- Some takeaways?
- How to follow-up? For you individually, with your group, for the class as a whole?
For follow-up, each person needs to hone their focus and research the specifics of the political economy contexts, i.e. who owns, controls, profits, and the larger economic mechanisms and players that run the show.
- Write notes (no more than a paragraph) summarizing the meanings of the images and written text you’ve thus far assembled. While this may be similar to what you’ve previously written, in light of what other group members have done, write something new.
- Given what you’ve found, how do you want to sharpen your specific focus?
- For researching the political economy context, what’s your direction?
Do follow-up research and image-collection.
- Based on follow-up notes written for step #2, do follow-up research going to the following sources — from this find four quality sources. See below for instructions on this.
- Legacy media: New York Times, Washington Post, Newsweek, Time, Wall Street Journal
- Trade and business media: Variety, Hollywood Reporter, what else?
- General search
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) particularly TikTok.
- For social media, in what ways, if any, is your particular topic represented? In what ways, if any, is political economy discussed.
- Find four quality sources: two from social media and two from legacy and/or trade/business media. Briefly summarize and include some data you might present; include URLs.
- Find at three political economy images to add to your collection of visual images to post. Upload to your rolling Google doc. If possible, bring print-outs to class.
Post to your rolling Google doc with date, assignment title. Single-spaced & typed in Times New Roman or Arial (size 12 font), 1-inch margins. Insert horizontal line between assignments. Remember to proofread. Send link to instructor.