Listen to audio (just under an hour) of three recent news episodes on Democracy Now on immediate struggles of race/class/gender equity to consider their relationship to youth, democracy, and the entertainment industries.
Reading response questions — post to rolling Google doc with date, assignment title; send link.
- In these three immediate political struggles, what are the issues of democracy? Response should include a summary description of each political struggle.
- In what ways do they compare? This might discuss forces of intersectional (race/class/gender) oppression.
- In what ways do these struggles relate to youth and the entertainment industries?
- Teacher Unions: We Want to Reopen Schools as Well, But We Need Vaccines & Resources to Do It Safely. February 17, 2021. [20.16] Direct link to Democracy Now story.
- “David vs. Goliath”: Warehouse Workers in Alabama Fight Amazon for the Right to Unionize. February 17, 2021. [18.36] Direct link to Democracy Now story.