Continue your online survey of your topic, this time focusing on dialogue streams in which readers comment; could be Twitter, Tik-Tok, Instagram, what else?
Survey 3 distinct discourse streams (e.g. particular hashtags) and apply media literacy questions: How do these streams name and analyze the issue in terms of:
- What’s the story? What are the important issues being discussed?
- Is context addressed? (root causes)
3. Are alternatives considered? (root solutions) What changes are called for?
- demands for systemic institutional change (policies, programs)
- changes in cultural beliefs, norms, values
- are strategies for change offered
Write summary notes (1-3) paragraphs that respond to the media literacy questions.
- Start with a strong opening sentence.
- Include 1-2 images that come from these streams: memes, screen shots, illustrations, what else?
- Discuss how these issues relate to youth.
- Offer a conclusion that might be a last thought, question(s), follow-up directions.
POST ON YOUR GOOGLE DOC; INCLUDE ASSIGNMENT DATE & TITLE AT TOP.