- Review Media Literacy Questions to apply in your analysis of media representations you will survey. Ideally, it would be purposeful to commit them to memory.
- View and take notes on some key take-aways from Stop Asian Hate: Connie Wun on Atlanta Spa Killings, Gender Violence & Spike in Anti-Asian Attacks. Democracy Now segment March 18, 2020. [19.05]
- Read Race Forwards Level’s of Racism in Moving The Race Conversation Forward: How The Media Covers Racism, And Other Barriers To Productive Racial Discourse, Part 1. Race Forward, The Center For Racial Justice Innovation. January 2014, p. 3.
- Go back and view again, “Stop Asian Hate: Connie Wun on Atlanta Spa Killings, Gender Violence & Spike in Anti-Asian Attacks.” Democracy Now segment March 18, 2020.
- This time, listen and take notes on how Connie Wun discusses structural-systemic racism. What are some of the levels she outlines? After viewing this report and reflecting on whatever other media and information on this situation you’re taking in, what are your thoughts and feelings on the evolving narrative?
Post on your rolling Google doc. Include date and assignment title. Send link to instructor.