In formulating a youth agenda for democracy in relation to the entertainment industries, what should we study? What are some critical issues and industries? How is democracy at play?
Write responses to these prompts:
- What are some critical issues facing youth? Consider on several levels:
- for your identity cohorts (class/race/gender)
- for larger youth cohorts: UMass, the Northeast, the U.S., cross-national boundaries
- What are some critical issues facing youth in relation to the entertainment industries?
- Include discussion of what industries seem particularly strategic and influential.
- Take one of the issues and one of the industries you might want to study, and discuss in what ways, if any, issues of democracy are at play. To clarify, this means discussing two topics: one of issues facing youth, and one of industries impacting youth.
- In what ways do any of these issues affect you personally? Why do you care? Why should these be topics we study?
- What is your sense of how to address these issues?
Post to rolling Google doc with date, assignment title. Send link. Single-spaced & typed in Times New Roman or Arial (size 12 font), 1-inch margins. Insert horizontal line between assignments. Remember to proofread.