- Farhad Manjoo. A Plan in Case Robots Take the Jobs: Give Everyone a Paycheck. New York Times, March 2, 2016.
- Gar Alperovitz. Socialism in America is Closer Than You Think. The Nation, February 11, 2016. Retrieved from Solidarity Economy.Net
- Shaila Dewan. Who needs a boss? New York Times magazine. March 25, 2014.
- History of Cooperative Movement profiling 1844 Rochdale Cooperative [youtube]http://www.justpeace.org/mondragon.htm[youtube]
- Cabot Cheese. Cabot honors the Rochdale Cooperative Principles. Retrieved from https://www.cabotcheese.coop/cooperative-principles
- Mondragon: A Better Way to Go to Work? The Oklahoma City Catholic Worker.
- Outline (5) different elements of what Alperovitz (reading #2) characterizes as an emergent, decentralized form of homegrown American “socialism.”
- From readings #5 and #7 to create a list of 5 principles that guide cooperative economics. Use you own words; do not copy and paste.
- What are your responses to these readings? About the possibility of creating a social order guided by more democratic forms of organization?