- Music 518/597C; 1 credit; elective or chamber ensemble credit. Those in the conducting track should sign up for Music 597C. Singers in the lab ensemble should sign up for Music 518.
- Meets TTh 1:00-2:15 pm. In-person, spring 2021. This ensemble will rehearse outside in a covered location on campus as weather permits.
- Size: 12-16 singers
- Dr. Tony Thornton and student conductors
- Performances: TBD
- The ability to learn music quickly is essential
- Enrollment is by audition only. This ensemble is ideal for singers with previous choral experience and for those who enjoy singing in a small ensemble.
Conductors’ Chorus is open to both conductors and singers and serves as a hands-on learning experience for graduate and advanced undergraduate conductors. Dr. Thornton runs classes in a masterclass setting, with all student conductors receiving podium time every week. Singers who wish to learn more about the art of conducting and how to train voices will find this class to be illuminating and fun. The ensemble performs 1-2 times a semester, under the direction of the student conductors. We highly encourage music education majors and anyone else interested in leading an ensemble to enroll.