4th of July Wynstone Style

The Fourth of July more or less marks the unofficial, halfway point of summer. Gathering with family and friends on a beautiful summer’s day makes the Fourth one of the most beloved holidays; with backyard barbeques, patriotic colors, and spectacular fireworks to finish off the night. As a child, I grew up with a truly amazing Fourth of July each year, and I truly owe it all to Wynstone. Each year my brother and I would participate in the bike parade, where kids would get to decorate their bikes and ride around the Wynstone Club parking lot together in a train-like fashion. After the parade, we would get to walk over to the grassy area outside the Club where we could bounce in bounce houses, ride horses, and play carnival games.

This year, I attended the outdoor activities again as a college student, and it still felt the same as it did when I was just a kid! I was fortunate enough to talk to some of the community members attending the event and hear what they had to say. One resident said that she has been coming to Wynstone’s Fourth of July event her entire life. She grew up in Wynstone, and now she gets to take her kids to the event. The resident said that her children love the bounce houses and have so much fun with the outdoor activities. “It wouldn’t be the Fourth of July otherwise,” she says of the festivities. Two other residents, Andrew Stohl and Mike Wozniak, both live in Wynstone as well and feel that the neighborhoods Fourth of July event really creates a “sense of community”. Stohl and Wozniak, both fathers, said their kids love the bounce houses and feel that there are good activities for young adults. “There are so many people and you can socialize and mingle and build friendships and relationships,” says Stohl. Wozniak adds, “Many people come out and it is well attended, so it’s great to see old friends and old neighbors.” One of the children attending, Reese F., said that she “likes the fireworks”, and another resident said that they are the “best fireworks I’ve ever seen”. Reese and her family have been attending the Fourth of July event for the past 5-6 years. They come to enjoy the horse rides and bounce houses, and “look forward to this each year and have a lot of fun”.

At night, Wynstone hosts a bunch of activities and things to do for all ages. Dinner is served to guests, and it is a great way to enjoy the outside atmosphere and also grab a bite to eat. The Drennan Family was one of the many families sitting outside and enjoying their Fourth.

Next to the outside dining, a DJ was set up playing music all night long. Many neighborhood children enjoyed dancing to music like “Cha Cha Slide”, and parents had a blast watching their kids having fun on the dance floor.

At night, Wynstone’s legendary fireworks show takes place. Every year, people are left in awe at the amazing colors and shapes. Personally, I have never heard of a neighborhood who has their own fireworks, so it is such a treat for the residents and members. Watching the fireworks at Wynstone is a really wonderful experience, as you are surrounded by family, friends, and the rest of the Wynstone community as we all gather together. People come set up lawn chairs and blankets, and there is practically no piece of grass left uncovered. Residents and members of all ages come to enjoy the fireworks, and it is really a great way to end the day.

An event like this at Wynstone is something that has positively affected many residents and members. The event has become a tradition for so many residents and members in the community. It is wonderful way to bring people together and put on a great night where people can relax, catch up with old friends, and just have a lot of fun. There is something to do for every age, and I’ve enjoyed Fourth of July at Wynstone ever since I was young. I have no doubt that this will continue to be a community tradition for many years to come.

Skip to toolbar