The Assessment Basics webinar-based online training is approximately 25 minutes and covers what assessment is, how assessment fits into curriculum and instruction, what assessments are required in Massachusetts for NRS reporting purposes, and what the ACLS assessment policies are. In order to successfully complete this webinar, practitioners are prompted to answer six questions at the end.
Starting on July 1, 2018, the Assessment Basics webinar is a pre-requisite for the following trainings:
- TABE CLAS-E Reading Administration and Scoring (online)
- TABE CLAS-E Writing Administration (online)
- MAPT Administration (online)
- TABE 11/12 Administration and Scoring – Levels E, M, D, and A (online)
- TABE 11/12 Administration and Scoring – Level L (online)
- BEST Plus 2.0 (face-to-face)
- TABE CLAS-E Writing Scoring (face-to-face)
Practitioners currently certified do not need to complete the Assessment Basics webinar.
Note that the Assessment Basics webinar only needs to be completed once by each individual, prior to registering for and completing any one or more of the trainings above.