Some members of the UMass Community have had activation problems with Microsoft Office 2013. Upon opening Office files or attempt activations, the user is shown “Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues”. The problem is related to Internet Explorer, and resetting the program seems to fix the problem. First, activate your Office product offline. Next, reset Internet Explorer settings to default.
Activate Office Offline:
1. Go to Start.
2. Control Panel> Programs > Uninstall a Program
3. Select Microsoft Office Profession 2013, right-click, and select Change.
4. Select “Enter a Product Key”.
5. Activate the program.
Reset Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. From the “Tools” menu select “Internet Options”. (or click the cog in the upper-right-hand corner and navigate to internet Options.
3. Go to the “Advanced” tab and select “Reset”.
4. Confirm by selecting “Reset” again.
If you are still unable to activate or receive the error contact the Central IT Help Center. You can create or update a Help Request online or by calling 413-545-9400.