I am in the fourth year the PhD program in Linguistics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. My research interests lie in Syntax and Psycholinguistics.
My recent work has focused on:
- The Role of Case in Processing Agreement in Hindi
- Agents and Instruments in Hindi-Urdu Causatives.
My other projects include
- Focus marking in Hindi-Urdu
- Hindi-English Code-switching
- Sluicing in Hindi-Urdu (with Jyoti Iyer)
- Person and Number Agreement in Ojibwe, Cree and Dumi (with Ekaterina Vostrikova and Leland Kusmer)
- Anaphors in Hindi-Urdu (with Ethan Poole)
- Comparatives in Hindi-Urdu (with Jyoti Iyer and Gurmeet Kaur)
Email me: sakshibhatia (at) linguist.umass.edu