Public Health and Social Justice

Course blog site

About the Professors

Aline Gubrium, Ph.D.

Prof. Aline GubriumAssistant Professor
Telephone: 413-545-2244
Email: agubrium@schoolph.umass.edu
Campus Address: 304 Arnold House

Aline Gubrium is Assistant Professor of Public Health at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst. Dr. Gubrium received her Ph.D. degree in Cultural Anthropology from the University of Florida and is presently exploring the narrative dimensions of women’s reproductive health. She is currently conducting an interview-based project on women’s experiences with Depo-Provera and a Five-College study on students’ and staff members’ experiences with Depo-Provera, Norplant, Implanon, and the IUD.

Dr. Gubrium’s interest in gender socialization stems from her previous work on several ethnographic projects dealing with rural women’s sexuality and drug use issues in the southern U.S. Her dissertation, entitled Growing Up Stories: Narratives of Rural African-American Women, focuses on local constructions of gender socialization and the ways that the study participants take up two discourses–Afrocentric and American Dream–as resources in assembling their narratives.

In the past, she has worked on projects dealing with institutional perspectives on violence against women in Java, Indonesia, and the social construction of victim and transmitter of HIV in a South African context.

Tom Schiff, Ed.D.

Health Educator
Telephone: 413.577.5133tschiff.jpg
Email: tschiff@uhs.umass.edu
Campus Address: 342 University Health Services

Tom Schiff is a Health Educator at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst and also serves as an Adjunct to the Social Justice Education program in the UMass School of Education. Dr. Schiff received his Ed.D. degree from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in Organization Development. His experience includes over twenty years of experience as an educator, counselor, trainer, and consultant with a focus on organization development and human relations. His work has ranged from residential treatment with abused boys, psychiatric and substance abuse rehabilitation work, organization development and human relations for schools, businesses, and non-profits, violence and substance abuse prevention for high school and junior high school students, and more.

In his role as a Health Educator, Dr. Schiff has varied emphases, some of which include men’s health, violence prevention, addressing racial health disparities, outreach to International students, and tobacco education and cessation. Dr. Schiff’s research interests include masculinity and health, developing men’s leadership to challenge violence, and pedagogical approaches to dismantle heterosexism.

Personal interests include running, hiking, whitewater kayaking, music, and most especially cross-country skiing.

62 Responses to “About the Professors”

1. beats for sale Says:

Tumblr article…

I saw a writer talking about this on Tumblr and it linked to…

2. PXxcHZDpuY PXxcHZDpuY Says:

The Slave of the Husband…

Trying to find in advance to researching more from you afterward!……

3. OmW54iMUCi OmW54iMUCi Says:

The Silent Shard…

This tends to in all probability be quite beneficial for some of your respective positions I want to never only with my web site but…

4. jSfKowUVZH jSfKowUVZH Says:

Thorn of Girl…

Superb information might be uncovered on this internet weblog….

5. bp51vcdHyV bp51vcdHyV Says:

The Silent Shard…

This will likely most likely be rather beneficial for many within your employment I intend to really don’t only with my blogging site but…

6. q9s60v8nD8 q9s60v8nD8 Says:

The Birch of the Shadow…

I feel there may be considered a number of duplicates, but an exceedingly useful checklist! I have tweeted this. Many thanks for sharing!…

7. IfDuyKlrzG IfDuyKlrzG Says:

Souls in the Waves…

Good Early morning, I just stopped in to go to your website and considered I’d say I enjoyed myself….

8. Google Says:

Google…

Always a massive fan of linking to bloggers that I enjoy but do not get quite a bit of link appreciate from….

9. Unlock iPhone Mexico Says:

iUnlox – Official iPhone IMEI Factory Unlocking Service…

Are you trying to find a way to unlock your iPhone 5c officially with a permanent iPhone carrier unlock? Unlock any iPhone model with any level of baseband. Official iPhone unlocks are permanent, processed by Apple, completed in iTunes and do not ruin …

10. Unlock iPhone Australia Says:

Are you looking to unlock your iPhone 3Gs officially with a permanent factory IMEI unlock? Unlock any iPhone using any level of firmware. Factory iPhone unlocks are permanent, processed by Apple, completed in iTunes and do not ruin your warranty….

11. open directory submission Says:

top free web directories…

Very good Morning, I just stopped in to visit your site and thought I’d say I appreciated myself….

12. honorbound cheats Says:

Websites you should visit…

[...]below you’ll find the link to some sites that we think you should visit[...]……

13. Unlock iPhone Says:

Unlock Apple iPhone…

Are you trying to find a way to unlock your iPhone 4? Unlock any iPhone in five minutes flat! To receive a limited time 50% discount visit this link RIGHT NOW – Unlock Apple iPhone….

14. stendra vs viagra Says:

Title…

This is my Excerpt…

15. Nicolas Degonia Says:

Nelia Russello…

Throughout the porils awesome scheme of things you’ll receive an A for effort. Where you confused me was first on your details. As people say, details make or break the argument.. And that couldn’t be much more correct here. Having said that, allow m…

16. karen millen online Says:

karen millen usa…

What i do not realize is actually how you are not actually much more well-liked than you may be now. You’re so intelligent. You realize therefore considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from numerous varied angles. It…

17. fitflop sandals Says:

fitflop shoes…

I learned more new things on this weight-loss issue. One issue is a good nutrition is highly vital if dieting. A massive reduction in bad foods, sugary ingredients, fried foods, sugary foods, red meat, and white colored flour products might be necessar…

18. belstaff stockists Says:

belstaff outlet…

I really enjoy reading on this website, it holds fantastic content. “Never fight an inanimate object.” by P. J. O’Rourke….

19. pirater compte facebook Says:

Related……

[...]just beneath, are numerous totally not related sites to ours, however, they are surely worth going over[...]……

20. karen millen clothes Says:

karen millen usa…

The next time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I imply, I do know it was my option to learn, however I actually thought youd have one thing fascinating to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something th…

21. internet host Says:

web hosting reviews…

So sorry you can miss the workshop!…

22. Factory Unlock iPhone Says:

Are you trying to find a way to unlock your iPhone 5 officially with a permanent IMEI unlock? Unlock any iPhone using any level of operating system. iPhone Carrier unlocks are permanent, processed by Apple, completed in iTunes and do not ruin your warr…

23. internet marketing video Says:

internet marketing tips…

I feel technology just causes it to be worse. Now there is a channel to hardly ever treatment, now there won’t be a probability for them to find….

24. microsoft office free download 2014 Says:

free download…

http://bit.ly/1q5R9tv

25. natural cures for erectile dysfunction Says:

Title…

This is my Excerpt…

26. breaking bad season 4 Says:

Whispering Misty…

So sorry you’ll pass up the workshop!…

27. homeopathic medicine impotence Says:

Another Title…

I saw this really great post today….

28. joomla templates Says:

software tools…

Great information and facts could be located on this internet blog….

29. Unlock iPhone Spain Says:

Are you trying to find a way to unlock your iPhone 5c officially with a permanent SIM unlock? Unlock any iPhone model using any release of firmware. Official iPhone unlocks are permanent, processed by Apple, completed in iTunes and will not void your w…

30. fulofolin.skyrock.com Says:

trackback…

There are also so many video uploading websites, and these also offer facility for sharing their movies, however I think YouTube is the best….

31. erectile dysfunction remedies Says:

Another Title…

I saw this really good post today….

32. natural remedies for ed Says:

Title…

This is my Excerpt…

33. keyword ranking tool Says:

check my pagerank…

This will likely almost certainly be pretty practical for many of your employment I intend to you should not only with my blogging site but…

34. herbal medicine advantages and disadvantages Says:

Another Title…

I saw this really great post today….

35. india shopping Says:

sell electronics…

Among me and my husband we’ve owned much more MP3 gamers over time than I can count, like Sansas, iRivers, iPods (basic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few several years I’ve settled down to one line of gamers….

36. how common is erectile dysfunction in men over 50 Says:

Title…

This is my Excerpt…

37. natural remedies for ed Says:

Another Title…

I saw this really great post today….

38. elocon mometasone furoate pregnancy Says:

trackback…

Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this article. It was helpful. Keep on posting!…

39. bistroMD Says:

Great website…

[...]we like to honor many other internet sites on the web, even if they aren’t linked to us, by linking to them. Under are some webpages worth checking out[...]……

40. nitrofurazone lc/ms Says:

trackback…

All right I am also in look for of Flash tutorials, as I desire to learn more on the topic of flash, so if you have please post it at this place….

41. best web design company San Diego Says:

Awesome website…

[...]the time to read or visit the content or sites we have linked to below the[...]……

42. online affiliate program Says:

The Slave of the Husband…

Trying to get in advance to researching excess from you afterward!……

43. Miami escorts Says:

Check this out…

[...] that is the end of this article. Here you’ll find some sites that we think you’ll appreciate, just click the links over[...]……

44. dropshippers Says:

You should check this out…

[...] Wonderful story, reckoned we could combine a few unrelated data, nevertheless really worth taking a look, whoa did one learn about Mid East has got more problerms as well [...]……

45. kwatery szczyrk Says:

kwatery szczyrk…

A further gofdd issue is that video gaming has become one of the all-time main forms of recreation for people of every age group. Kids participate in video games, and also adults do, too. The actual XBox 360 is among the favorite gaming systems for man…

46. Komercyjne nieruchomosci Says:

Nieruchomosci komercyjne…

It’s my opinion potlds that a foreclosures can have a significant effect on the borrower’s life. Foreclosures can have a 8 to ten years negative effect on a debtor’s credit report. A new borrower having applied for a mortgage or any kind of loans fo…

47. support.ouya.tv/forums Says:

trackback…

These are genuinely great ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some pleasant things here. Any way keep up wrinting….

48. design templates Says:

…Awesome website – scarab13.com…

[...]Aw, this was a really nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to generate a very good article� but what can I say� I hesitate a lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.[...]…

49. erythromycin in sentence Says:

trackback…

This info is priceless. Where can I find out more?…

50. monthly seo services Says:

seo marketing services…

Trying to get ahead to learning additional from you afterward!……

51. graphic design free Says:

informative!…

[...]There’s definately a lot to know about this topic. I like all of the points you made.[...]…

52. wózki dla dzieci Says:

wózki xlander…

I’m no longer vbfjdos certain where you’re getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend a while learning much more or working out more. Thank you for magnificent information I used to be searching for this information for my mission….

53. butenafine miconazole Says:

trackback…

What’s Going down i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist different users like its helped me. Great job….

54. ipad accessories for kids with special needs Says:

Sources…

[...]check below, are some totally unrelated websites to ours, however, they are most trustworthy sources that we use[...]……

55. butenafine 1 Says:

trackback…

of course like your web-site however you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality nevertheless I will certainly come again again….

56. erection remedies Says:

Title…

This is my Excerpt…

57. harper99 caro Says:

Third Flower…

My spouse and that i have been now delighted that Albert could carry out his scientific tests due to the thoughts he had through your website. It is actually every now and then perplexing to just often be making a gift of actions which lots of people c…

58. methoxsalen reaction Says:

trackback…

Yes you are correct, YouTube is best video distribution web page, as YouTube is a lightly no much streaming time rather than other web pages….

59. buffalo web design Says:

Websites worth visiting…

[...]here are some links to sites that we link to because we think they are worth visiting[...]……

60. garciniaextractmart.com Says:

You should check this out…

61. home remedies impotence Says:

Title…

This is my Excerpt…

62. tretinoin used hair loss Says:

trackback…

I haven’t checked in here for some time since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)