Below is a message from Brianna Rigert of Headway Workforce Solutions in Raleigh, NC regarding a one-night opportunity collecting election data on September 9th (the night of the primary elections in Massachusetts.) A great way to (quickly!) add to your resume!
“My name is Brianna Rigert and I currently work at Headway Workforce Solutions in Raleigh, NC as a Sourcing Specialist. We are currently working with Reuters and IPSOS for the upcoming Primary Elections in Massachusetts on September 9th. Reuters is seeking someone to collect election data on election night. We are paying the individual $100 for an one night only event on September 9th, plus $25 for every successful referral that gets hired. This would be a great opportunity for students in Political Science to add to their resumes! Professors could even offer it as extra credit! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions! We are trying to get the word out!
This year, Reuters and Ipsos are changing the way America learns about Election results. Voters all over the country will learn about election outcomes faster than ever thanks to an innovative, technology-driven approach to reporting the vote count.
We’re offering you the opportunity to go behind the scenes of the democratic process and take part in reporting the news that your local community, state, and the whole nation will be waiting for!
As an Election Agent for Ipsos and Reuters, you’ll use credentials awarded by Reuters to go behind the scene at your local election center and gather the vote count from County election officials. Once you receive the vote count, you’ll quickly (and easily) enter the results into a specially designed mobile application and send the news off to Reuters.
Working as an Election Agent for Ipsos/Reuters is a great opportunity for anyone looking to participate in reporting a crucial political event. It’s a great way to make some extra money while participating in a great cause.
There are only three requirements to be eligible for consideration as an Election Agent:
- You have to be 18 years old
- You must own a smart-phone and/or tablet with data plan and be able to operate it proficiently
- You must be available for a one day project
You will love working as an Election Agent because you will:
- Get a behind the scenes look at how news agencies report the vote count on election night
- Earn a flat rate of $100 for this event
- Gain experience working as a credential agent for Reuters, an internationally recognized news agency
As an Election Agent for Reuters you will:
- Apply online (2 mins)
- Do a brief phone screen with one of our Recruiters (5 mins)
- Speak with one of our Hiring Managers (5 mins)
- Fill out on-boarding documents & download the application (5 mins)
- Complete a brief online training of watching videos (40 mins)
- Participate in a conference call/run through on September 5th (15-20 mins)
- Arrive at your assigned location one hour prior to the polls closing and work as an Election Agent on the evening of the Election (4-5 hours) (*Polls close at 8 PM*)
Primary Election Agent
The flat rate of this job is $100. The rate includes time spent completing documents, online training, conference call, run through, and day of election activities. Also, if you refer candidates and they complete everything and show up the night of the election at their location and do the duties of the primary election agent, you will receive $25 for every successful referral. For example, refer five candidates and four of them do what they are supposed to do, you will receive an additional $100.
(Don’t forget to put my name, Brianna Rigert in the REFERRED BY box)”