Moodle 3.0 Upgrade
On Thursday, July 7, 2016 UMass Amherst upgraded Moodle to version 3.0. This upgrade continues to make Moodle more usable and efficient.
Some of the improvements include:
- New Editor Features: Better table editing, more text formatting options, right-to-left text option, full-screen editing, formatted HTML.
- New Activity Features, including: New Quiz question types: Select missing words, Drag and drop into text, Drag and drop into image, Drag and drop markers.
- Improved Management of Group Enrollment.
- Easy Media Embedding from More Sources: New media filters in Moodle allow teachers and students to easily embed media from a variety of sites, including SlideShare, Office Mix, Sway; SoundCloud; Ted Talks; Office 365 Video (as well as Vimeo and YouTube); and Issue.
For a list of new features see our Moodle 3.0 Highlights.
Help and Resources for Instructors
To learn more about Moodle or to get help with instructional technologies, you can:
- Review our support documentation at: http://www.it.umass.edu/moodle
- Contact the Instructional Media Lab (email@example.com | 413-545-2823) with a question, or to set up a time for a one-on-one consultation.