By virtue of our membership with the Center for Research Libraries, we now offer Latin American Newspapers, a collection of thirty-five newspapers published between 1805-1922 in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Cuba, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, and elsewhere. You can search in individual , several or all of the newspapers simultaneously.
If you have questions or comments, contact Peter Stern, Portuguese and Spanish Liaison Librarian at 413-545-3967.
Cambridge Structural Database WebCSD is now available online. It contains crystal structure, chemical, and bibliographic data for about 400,000 organic and metal-organic compounds. You can conduct searches by substructure, reduced cell, similarity and text/numeric properties.
If you have questions or comments, contact Paulina Borrego, Chemistry Liaison Librarian at 413-545-7891.
The Libraries has a trial for Bibliografía de la Literatura Española desde 1980, a bibliography of Spanish literature covering editions, works, translations, and studies published since 1980 in journals, conference proceedings, festschriften, etc.
The trial runs through February, 2010. Contact Peter Stern, Spanish and Portuguese Liaison Librarian, at 413-545-3967 with questions or comments.
ProQuest databases will be unavailable for scheduled maintenance from 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 30th to 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 31st, 2010, EST. The following UMass Amherst databases will be affected:
- ABI/INFORM Dateline
- ABI/INFORM Global
- ABI/INFORM Trade and Industry
- Digital Sanborn Maps
- Dissertations and Theses
- Education Complete
- Ethnic NewsWatch & ENW: A History
- Historical Boston Globe
- Historical Chicago Defender
- Historical New York Times
- Hoover’s Company Capsules and Profiles
- Massachusetts Newsstand
- Wall Street Journal
The ScienceDirect platform will be unavailable for scheduled maintenance from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST on Saturday, January 23rd.
The Libraries have recently added the 2010 online edition of the Ellis and Messina Foraminifera Catalogue from Micropaleontology Press. You can search fossil micro-organisms by genus, subgenus, species, subspecies, variety, author and year, among other characteristics.
If you have questions or would like more information about this database, contact Geosciences liaison Maxine Schmidt at 413-545-6739.
The Libraries have a new subscription to the Ovid Nursing Full-Text Plus Collection which provides site license access to 43 e-journals. You may retrieve these journals through the UMass Amherst library catalog, the E-Journal List or directly at Nursing Journals at Ovid. Those marked with an asterisk ‘*’ are new titles to our collection.
- AACN Advanced Critical Care, 1996-
- Advanced Emergency Nursing Journal, 2006-, *
- Advances in Neonatal Care, 2001-, *
- Advances in Nursing Science (ANS), 1995-
- Advances in Skin and Wound Care: The Journal for Prevention and Healing, 2001-, *
- AJN: American Journal of Nursing, 1996-
- Cancer Nursing™: An International Journal for Cancer Care, 1996-
- CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 1996-
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), 1996-
- Critical Care Nursing Quarterly, 1999-
- Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 2001-
- Family & Community Health, 1999-, *
- Gastroenterology Nursing, 1996-, *
- Health Care Management Review, 1997-
- Holistic Nursing Practice, 1999-
- Home Healthcare Nurse, 2000-
- JONA’s Healthcare Law, Ethics, and Regulation, 2001-
- JONA: Journal of Nursing Administration, 1996-
- Journal for Nurses in Staff Development(JNSD), 1996-
- Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 1998-, *
- Journal of Christian Nursing, 2002-, *
- Journal of Hospice & Palliative Nursing, 2002-
- Journal of Infusion Nursing, 1996-, *
- Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 1998-
- Journal of Patient Safety, 2005-
- Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing, 1999-, *
- Journal of Trauma Nursing, 2000-, *
- Journal of WOCN (Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing), 2000-, *
- LPN, 2005-
- MCN, The American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing, 1996-
- Nurse Educator, 1996-
- Nurse Practitioner, 2001-
- Nursing Administration Quarterly, 1999-
- Nursing Critical Care: The Journal of Critical Care Excellence, 2006-, *
- Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!, 2003-, *
- Nursing Management (Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins), 2001-
- Nursing Research, 1996-
- Nursing, 2002-, *
- Nutrition Today, 2000-
- OR Nurse, 2007-, *
- Orthopaedic Nursing, 2001-, *
- Plastic Surgical Nursing, 2004-, *
- Professional Case Management, 1996-, *
In addition, we now have single user access to the following new titles:
- Chest, 1995-
- Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, 2002-
- Nursing Times, 2005-
If you have questions or would like assistance using these e-journals, contact Jim Craig, Nursing Liaison Librarian, at 545-6690.