The Libraries have purchased a collection of book series, major reference works and monographs and textbooks published by Springer between 2005 – 2009. The collection of 15,590 works covers:
- architecture, design & arts
- behavioral science
- biomedical & life sciences
- business & economics
- chemistry & material sciences
- computer science
- earth & environmental science
- humanities, social sciences & law
- physics & astronomy
- professional computing & web design.
The most titles are available in the computer science, engineering and mathematics disciplines. Individual title records will be available in the UMass Amherst library catalog, and the SpringerLink site offers a search interface for all that Springer has to offer. Items to which the UMass Amherst community has access are denoted with a green box.
The UMass Amherst Libraries now subscribe to the Ebrary Academic Complete collection of roughly 42,000 books published between 1990-2009 and covering 20 subject areas. You can browse through subjects or search for particular titles, authors, years, etc.
The QuickView mode allows you to see the book’s table of contents, and browse and view its contents. The ebrary reader, in conjunction with an ebrary account, enables you to mark text and make notations, create a bookshelf with subject folders of your making, save text and title lists, and print. The ebrary reader, a Java application, also has a text to speech feature.
Individual records for all the book titles in ebrary are included in the UMass Amherst library catalog.
The Libraries has a new subscription to a package of electronic journals published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. The following titles are available through the UMass Amherst library catalog or the E-Journal List:
- Journal of Electronic Packaging, v.112 (1990)-
- Journal of Energy Resources Technology, v. 112 (1990)-
- Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, v.112 (1990)-
- Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology,v.112 (1990)-
- Journal of Fluids Engineering, v.112 (1990)-
- Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology – V.1 (2004)-
- Journal of Heat Transfer, v.112 (1990)-
- Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, v.118, n.2 (1996)-
- Journal of Mechanical Design, v.112 ( 1990)-
- Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, V.1 (2009)-
- Journal of Medical Devices – v.1 (2007)-
- Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering – V.112 (1990)-
- Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology – v.112 (1990)-
- Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, v.112 (1990)-
- Journal of Tribology, v.112 ( 1990)-
- Journal of Turbomachinery, v.112 ( 1990)-
- Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, v.112 ( 1990)-
For assistance using these and other engineering resources, contact the engineering liaison, Cecilia Mullen, at 545-1254.