See the most up-to-date list at Google Scholar
Chronological list (last updated 7/2018)
- Kumpel, E. and Delaire C. (co-first authors), R. Peletz, J. Kisiangani, A. Rinehold, J. DeFrance, D. Sutherland, R. Khush (2018). Measuring the Impacts of Water Safety Plans in the Asia-Pacific Region. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health Accepted.
- Peletz, R., J. Kisiangani, M. Bonham, P. Ronoh, C. Delaire, E. Kumpel, S. Marks, R. Khush (2018). Why Do Water Quality Monitoring Programs Succeed or Fail? A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of Regulated Testing in sub-Saharan Africa. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health Accepted.
- Taylor, T., R. Peletz, R. Khush, E. Kumpel (2018). Efficacy of Microbial Sampling Recommendations and Practices in sub-Saharan Africa. Water Research, 134, pp 115-124.
- Murray, A., E. Kumpel, R. Peletz, R.S. Khush, D.S. Lantagne (2017). The effect of sodium thiosulfate dechlorination on fecal indicator bacteria enumeration: Laboratory and field data. Journal of Water and Health, 7(4). DOI: 10.2166/washdev.2017.071
- Bivins, A., T. Sumner, E. Kumpel, G. Howard, O. Cumming, I. Ross, K. Nelson, J. Brown (2017). Estimating infection risks and the global burden of diarrheal disease attributable to intermittent water supply using QMRA. Environmental Science and Technology, 51(13), pp 7542–7551.
- Delaire, C., R. Peletz, E. Kumpel, J. Kisiangani, R. Bain, R. Khush (2017). How much will it cost to monitor microbial drinking water quality in sub-Saharan Africa? Environmental Science and Technology, 51 (11), pp 5869–5878.
- Kumpel, E., C. Woelfe-Erskine, I. Ray, and K. Nelson (2017). Measuring household consumption and waste in unmetered, intermittent piped water systems. Water Resources Research, 53. doi:10.1002/2016WR019702.
- Misati, A., G. Ogendi, R. Peletz, R. Khush, and E. Kumpel (2017). Can Sanitary Surveys Replace Water Quality Testing? Evidence from Kisii, Kenya. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14(2). doi:10.3390/ijerph14020152
- Kumpel, E., A. Cock-Esteb, M. Duret, D. de Waal, and R. Khush (2017). Seasonal variation in drinking and domestic water sources and quality in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 96(2): 437-445. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.16-0175
- Mellor, J., E. Kumpel, A. Ercumen, and J. Zimmerman (2016). A Systems Approach to Climate, Water and Diarrhea in Hubli-Dharwad, India. Environmental Science & Technology, 50 (23).
- Kumpel, E., R. Peletz, M. Bonham, and R. Khush (2016). Assessing drinking water quality and water safety management in sub-Saharan Africa using regulated monitoring data. Environmental Science & Technology, 50(20):10869-10876. doi:10.1021/acs.est.6b02707.
- Kumpel, E., R. Peletz, J. Albert, D. de Waal, M. Hirn, A. Danilenko, V. Uhl, A. Daw, and R. Khush (2016). Urban water services in fragile states: An analysis of drinking water sources and quality in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Monrovia, Liberia. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 15 (0766).
- Peletz, R., E. Kumpel, M. Bonham, Z. Rahman, and R. Khush (2016). To what extent is drinking water tested in sub-Saharan Africa? A comparative analysis of regulated water quality monitoring. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 13 (3).
- Kumpel, E. and K. Nelson (2016). Intermittent Water Supply: Prevalence, Practice, and Microbial Water Quality. Environmental Science & Technology, 50 (2).
- Ercumen, A., B. F. Arnold, E. Kumpel, Z. Burt, I. Ray, K. Nelson, and J. M. Colford Jr. (2015). Upgrading a Piped Water Supply from Intermittent to Continuous Delivery and Association with Waterborne Illness: A Matched Cohort Study in Urban India. PLoS Medicine, 12(10).
- Kumpel, E., R. Peletz, M. Bonham, A. Fay, A. Cock-Esteb, and R. Khush (2015). When are mobile phones useful for water quality data collection? An analysis of data flows and ICT applications among regulated monitoring institutions in sub-Saharan Africa. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12 (9), 10846–10860.
- Kumpel, E. and K. Nelson (2014). Mechanisms affecting water quality in an intermittent piped water supply. Environmental Science & Technology, 48(5), 2766–2775.
- Kumpel, E. and K. Nelson (2013). Comparing Microbial Water Quality in an Intermittent and Continuous Piped Water Supply. Water Research, 47(14), 5176–5188.