View some of the work from students in this class on our vimeo channel or YouTube playlist:
For students: How to submit?
Create an account with vimeo or YouTube, upload your video and email me the link. I’ll add your video to the channel.
How to export video?
- Create all of the necessary animation scenes. You may want to copy some scene tabs to increase time on those scenes (especially the first and last).
- Reduce the SketchUp window size to about 1/2 of your screen (approximate the export size in pixels) and adjust the text to make it look good. Keep an eye on the aspect ratio (width to height ratio) and make it similar to the targeted video aspect ratio.
- In the Model Info dialog (Window > Model Info) increase scene transition times to something like 5-10 seconds and make sure the scene delay is set to your preference.
- In the animation export dialog (File > Export > Animation…), click on “Options” and make the following adjustments:
- Click on “Defaults”. This will export uncompressed video (highest quality). Otherwise use the Microsoft 1 codec.
- Export the video at least at 640×480. If you want HD quality, then use 1280 x 720 (for 16×9 720p HD).
- Set the frame rate to the standard 30 frames per second.
- If you exported the video without compression, the file size will be huge. Import it now into a video editing software and convert it to a compressed file format. My suggestion is to get Any Video Converter (free version) and convert the file to an MP4 movie with these settings: 2000 kBit/s bitrate, 30 frames/s, same size in pixels as the original. This typically creates a much smaller file (perfect for uploading).
- Then upload the file.
- Available soon…