Volunteer for Everywoman’s Center at UMass Amherst!!!
Allies of all genders, sexual orientations, races, religions, abilities, ages, and income levels are encouraged to apply for our volunteer positions. Our continued goal is to build a staff that is fully representative of the community we serve. Application deadline for Educator Advocates is April 15th and any time for Counselor Advocates.
Become an Educator Advocate!
Using education as a tool for change, we work to prevent sexual violence and relationship violence on campus and in the community. We facilitate workshops, discussions, and events at UMass, other local colleges, middle and high schools, community organization and businesses throughout Hampshire.
Become a Counselor/Advocate!
We seek people with a strong commitment to better understand issues of sexual violence and a desire to support and advocate for victims and survivors of sexual violence. This requires strong listening skills, but no previous counseling experience is expected.
Volunteer benefits include:
- Certification for the State of Massachusetts which includes a comprehensive 60+ hour training on sexual violence, relationship violence and related topics, sponsored by the Department of Public Health, UMass.
- A better understanding of issues of oppression, social justice and peer advocacy.
- Working collaboratively with a staff dedicated to supporting survivors of sexual violence.
- Network with professionals in the field, community agencies and campus programs.
- Career development opportunities including: staff development trainings, conference and workshop attendance on a local and national level.
- Academic credit. (optional)
For more info:
Web Page: http://www.umass.edu/ewc/
Address: 180 Infirmary Way, New Africa House, Amherst MA 01003